Supplies can be found at Jerry's Artarama
Dan typically works with a warm/cool primary palette which he sometimes augments with cad or orange and viridian.
• Warm: Cadmium Red
• Cool: Permanent Rose or Alizarin Crimson
•Warm: Cadmium Yellow medium
• Cool: Cad Lemon Yellow
• Warm: Ultramarine Blue
• Cool: Pthalo Blue
• Mars Black (use only occasionally)
• Titanium White
• Flats and Filberts, sizes ranging in small to medium sizes: 2, 6, 10 and 12's for use with a 11x14 or 9x12 canvas. Dan uses a mix of sable and bristle brushes.
Bring one medium sized palette knife, no small ones!
Bring between 6 to 8 canvas, ranging in size from 9 x 12 to 11x14. No big canvas please.
• If you have questions about a basic, inexpensive plein air set up, please click here to see Nicole's basic setup.
BRUSH WASHING CONTAINER
• No glass containers please
GAMSOL odorless mineral spirits if you paint in oil.
PORTABLE PALETTE for your paints, if there's not one built into your easel
PAPER TOWELS (Dan likes Viva)
Notebook and Pen/Pencil for notes