1. Portable Easel (French Easel, Pochade Box, etc...)
2. Brushes - Kim uses a 3/4" flat and a couple of smaller brushes.
3. Palette Knife
4. Palette Glass or wood
5. Solvent to CLEAN Your oil brushes: Gamblin Gamsol or Odorless Turpenoid (comes in many bottle sizes). NO Substitutes. NO Turpenine, NO Kerosene.
6. CONTAINER for Solvent, Oil Painters please bring a Glass container with a lid or a brush cleaner for your solvent (see image). Acrylic painters please bring a small bucket to hold your water, no lid required.
7. Canvas It is very important that you come with enough canvas for this class! Plan on up to 10 studies per day, which can add up to 30 canvas total! When Nicole took his workshop she used a canvas pad, and you can even split pages of a 12x16 canvas pad book in half (and do 2 paintings per page). Canvas size ranging from 8x10 to 11x14.
8. Apron or Smock to protect your clothes
9. A protective box or paper in your car to protect seats from wet paintings (going home)
10. Paper Towels or Rags
Bring whichever brands of paints you normally use:
• Alizarin Crimson
• Quinacridone Red or Rose
• Cadmium Red
• Cadmium Orange
• Cadmium Yellow
• Cadmium Green Pale
• Pthalo Green
• Cobalt Blue
• Ultramarine Blue
• Titanium White
Gamblin Gamsol or Turpenpoid NO subtitutions