(these are oil colors, if you are using acrylic please substitute the closest color, please avoid purchasing "Hues" except in yellow)
- Warm Blue (pthalo)
- Cool Blue (ultramarine)
- Warm Red (cadmium or crimson)
- Cool Red (Alizarine)
- Warm Yellow (Indian or Cadmium)
- Cool Yellow (Lemon)
- Titanium White
- Burnt Siena
- Raw Umber
- purple (any pigment)
- veridian green
- yellow ochre
- any black
Dan will provide acrylic medium and acrylic paint for your underpainting!
Oil medium (if you use oils):
Windsor Newton Liquin
• PHOTOS: Please bring 1-2 photos of a structure you would like to paint, Dan will help you select the best one. Please print the photos out on photo glossy paper if possible and size 8.5 x 11 is best.
• EASEL: Please bring a portable floor or table easel
• Brushes: Bring several sizes and shapes of bristle brushes. If you bring a large canvas, bring larger brushes! Dan uses filbert bristle brushes. Nothing smaller than a #2 please.
• Canvases: Bring a couple different sizes to choose from.
• Palettes: Either a white acrylic or other type of flat palette, or palette paper
• Paper towels, sponge, floor or table easel and an apron.