| IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ THRU THIS.
IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME WHEN WE ARE OUTDOORS
All supplies can be found at Jerry's Artarama or Askew Paints and other stores
If you are puchasing oils, my favorite brand is by Charvin Colors available exclusively at Jerry's Artarama. Another good Jerry's brand is Lukas, or Richeson oils (available at Jerry's on line or Askew). If you want to use Acrylics, check out the Matisse Structure line, or Lukas brand is also at Jerry's.
• Alizarin Crimson (or Magenta/Rubine Lake - Charvin)
• Cadmium Red Medium (or French Red Medium Charvin)
• Cad Yellow, Cad Yellow Light or (French Primary Yellow- Charvin)
• Ultramarine Blue (a must)
• Magnesium Blue or Cerulean (Hue OK) - Charvin brand comes in a large tube
• Titanium White
Other Optional Colors I sometimes use
• Red Oxide - transparent color
• Viridian (You can also substitute Viridian for Magnesium or Cerulean)
NOTE: NO "PTHALO" COLORS!
ACRYLIC PAINTS -
• Same equivalent colors as above, there are many brands at Jerry's: Lukas, Golden, Matisse, etc
CANVASES: The best are:
1. Centurian Linen Canvas Panels at Jerry's Artarama
2. Pintura Boards
3. regular canvas boards.
Bring at least 3 (p/day) in a variety of sizes 8x10, 9x12, 11x14. Nothing larger than 11 x 14 please!
Important: Do not bring canvases stretched on stretrcher bars because the light will go thru it and make painting outdoors very difficult.
• A range of brushes (natural bristle for oils), for example size 2, 4, 6, & 8 square and filbert
• A palette that can be secured or is part of your easel set up. I use the
• For Oil: Odorless Turpenoid or Gamblin Gambosol
• An UNBREAKABLE jar to hold your solvent or water painting medium
• Paper Towels
• Small plastic garbage bag
•A portable tripod or fold out easel, a french easel, a "half" french easel, a plein air box, opn box, pochard or any other manufacturer that specializes in plein air easel equipment